Who are your local heroes?
Renfrewshire’s inspiring local heroes are set to be rewarded as nominations for the Provost’s Community Awards open for 2019.
Extraordinary employees, superlative sportspeople and compassionate carers are being sought as the awards recognise the people who make Renfrewshire a better place to live, work and visit.
There are five categories available to nominate in, including a revamped award for employees to recognise those stars in the workplace, and these are:
- Community Volunteer (sponsored by Glasgow Airport Ltd)
- Community Group (sponsored by the Piazza Shopping Centre)
- Sporting Achievement (sponsored by ACRE Industrial)
- Employee of the Year (sponsored by UNISON Renfrewshire)
- Carers Award (sponsored by former Provost Nancy Allison)
- Arts and Culture award (sponsored by Renfrewshire Council)
Renfrewshire’s Provost Lorraine Cameron said: “As the Provost, I meet hundreds of inspiring people and groups every year and it never ceases to amaze me that there is so much fantastic work going on throughout Renfrewshire.
“These awards are an opportunity to pay tribute to the unsung heroes of the area who go the extra mile without looking for a reward and give them the recognition that they deserve.
“I can’t wait to read the nominations so don’t miss out on the chance to nominate and start sending them in now.”
The deadline for entries to all categories is Wednesday 12 December.
The Provost will be joined by the award sponsors and other local elected members to choose the winners who will be invited, along with their nominator, to the awards ceremony on Friday 15 March 2019 and the Lynnhurst Hotel in Johnstone.