Contract Type: Contract or Temp
Closing Date: Dec 8th, 2021
We have a new opportunity for a Topman Supervisor to join our client based in Greenock, near Glasgow
- As a Topman Supervisor you will be the individual responsible to the Project Director for the delivery of all flame cutting activities during the destruct of any given vessel or offshore structure in accordance with all demolition safe methods of work and schedules.
- You will work alongside the Site Manager to ensure engineered cuts are prepared in readiness for lifting in conjunction with the Engineering team.
- You will be working towards or have obtained a managerial certification in the field of demolition.
- You will report any deviation from the safe methods of work and schedules as soon as you become aware.
- You must be well organised, capable, reliable and use your experience throughout your working career.
- You must work to prescribed Method Statements & Risk Assessments with the minimum of supervision yet work with ATLAS Decom team.
- Managing Director
- Project Director
3. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report any problems as they arise.
- Report and record all breaches of health and safety on site and stop the job if necessary.
- Assist with providing near miss and incident reports where necessary.
- Assist with the health and safety, environmental and quality control management of projects.
- Prepare and administer daily briefings and toolbox talks.
- Working at all times to ensure that the ATLAS objectives and operational requirements are maintained at all times.
- Providing legislation updates and making staff aware of any changes.
- Ensuring the daily work pack is accurate and is being adhered to.
- Providing leadership and managing productivity of the individual topman teams.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments in conjunction with the Site Manager.
- Ensuring that method statements and risk assessments are undertaken, documented and recorded prior to any task or work activity commencing and that a safe system of work is in operation during these tasks.
- Ensuring that all persons in their charge are made fully aware of the safe system of work and that toolbox talks associated with the task are undertaken prior to any operations commencing.
- Ensuring that persons in their charge are adequately trained and are fully aware of any known hazards and risks.
- Ensuring that good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensuring that all safety features are in place for demolition related work enclosures.
- Ensuring that the ‘Stop the Job’ policy is strictly adhered to.
- Ensuring that daily site inspections are undertaken and documented.
- Ensuring that operatives under their control are made aware of relevant health and safety issues.
- Ensuring (where applicable) that permits to work are raised to control demolition activities.
As a minimum:
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) –
- Demolition Supervisor – (Red Card) NVQ Level 3, or
- Demolition Supervisor – (Gold Card) NVQ Level 4.
- Proven demolition experience.
- The ability to lead a team.
- The ability to stand, walk and/or carry for extended periods.
- Good physical stamina.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Further details can be found here.