Contract Type: Contract or Temp
Closing Date: Dec 8th, 2021
- As a Storeman you will be the individual responsible to the Project Director for managing all functions of stock and equipment and to ensure that stock levels do not run out. The Storeman shall also track inventory spending, as well as keeping records of where the inventory and stock are going during the destruct of any given vessel or offshore structure in accordance with all demolition safe methods of work and schedules.
- You will report any deviation from the safe methods of work and schedules as soon as you become aware.
- You must be well organised, capable, reliable and use your experience throughout your working career.
- You must work with the minimum of supervision yet work with ATLAS Decom team.
- Managing Director
- Project Director
3. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report any problems as they arise.
- Report and record all breaches of health and safety on site and stop the job if necessary.
- Assist with providing near miss and incident reports where necessary.
- Assist with the health and safety and quality control management of projects.
- Attend daily briefings and toolbox talks.
- Working at all times to ensure that the ATLAS objectives and operational requirements are maintained at all times.
- Providing legislation updates and making staff aware of any changes.
- Keeping track of what is available in inventory.
- Monitor current stock levels to decide if more should be ordered.
- Organizing existing inventory, so it is easily and safely accessible.
- Is responsible for accepting all deliveries of stock.
- Responsible for organizing the dispatch of finished goods and products.
- Ensuring the safety and security of the stock.
- Ensuring that good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
As a minimum:
- Ex-military background is preferable but not essential.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Comfortable handling confidential information.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to stand, walk and/or carry for extended periods.
- Good physical stamina.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- The ability to safely use forklift machinery and Excavator (below 5 tonne) with relevant CSCS / NVQ Certification.