Renfrewshire’s inspiring local heroes are set to be rewarded as nominations for the Provost’s Community Awards open for 2020.
Anyone who lives or works in Renfrewshire is invited to nominate in any of the following six categories:
- Community Volunteer (sponsored by Glasgow Airport Ltd)
- Community Group (sponsored by City Gate Construction)
- Sporting Achievement (sponsored by ACRE Industrial)
- Employee of the Year (sponsored by UNISON Renfrewshire)
- Carers Award (sponsored by former Provost Nancy Allison)
- Arts and Culture Award (sponsored by Renfrewshire Council)
Renfrewshire’s Provost Lorraine Cameron said: “It’s an honour to host the Community Awards again and take the opportunity to pay tribute to our local unsung heroes.
“I meet many people who really go the extra mile without looking for any reward or recognition in my role as Provost, but these awards come from the community themselves, demonstrating that the hard work these groups and individuals do is not going unnoticed.
“I can’t wait to read the nominations so don’t miss out on the chance to nominate and start sending them in now.”
The deadline for entries to all categories is Friday 6 December.
The Provost will be joined by the award sponsors and other local elected members to choose the winners who will be invited, along with their nominator, to the awards ceremony on Friday 13 March 2020 at the Normandy Hotel in Renfrew.
For more information, and to submit your nomination, visit http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/provostawards2020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 618 7102.