Communities are being urged to have their say on Renfrewshire’s future by taking part in a consultation on the next Renfrewshire Local Development Plan.
A 12-week consultation into the plan, which will shape land use and planning decisions in Renfrewshire for the next 10 years, launches today (Monday 18 March).
The plan will:
- Protect the environment and Renfrewshire’s built and cultural heritage by encouraging development in the right locations
- Promote and support measures to reduce and assist in mitigating the effects of climate change
- Support the regeneration and renewal of existing areas, creating strong communities and attractive places
- Promote the development of digital connections to attract people to live in Renfrewshire and support businesses to flourish
- Provide a framework for City Deal investment, bringing jobs to Renfrewshire and boosting the economy
- Support town centres to thrive
- Create a range and choice of housing that meets Renfrewshire’s current and future needs
- Support a ‘getting it right for every child’ approach, ensuring developments provide safe travel and transport links to schools
The plan also identifies seven settlement plans which can be used by local communities to help them prepare Local Place Plans that will shape their area.
Councillor Marie McGurk, Convener of Renfrewshire Council’s Communities, Housing and Planning Board, said: ” This is our vision for Renfrewshire.
“We are committed to providing high-quality, well designed homes that will encourage people to come, live and work in Renfrewshire, while also supporting inclusive sustainable economic growth and protecting Renfrewshire’s natural environment and built and cultural heritage.
“This plan builds on our work to make Renfrewshire a successful place to live, work and visit. It includes provision for a range and choice of housing, while also supporting the regeneration of areas and providing a framework for City Deal investments which will bring jobs and money into the Renfrewshire economy.
“It supports town centres and provides place plans for Renfrewshire’s settlements that will help people get more involved in shaping their communities.
“Our plan is also focused on inclusivity, ensuring the needs of people of different ages and physical abilities are considered, contributing to the health and wellbeing of all.
“We believe this Plan will allow Renfrewshire to continue thriving. We now want communities to get involved in the consultation and let us know what they think of the plan.”
You can take part in the consultation by filling out a representation form. The form, which can be submitted by email or post, is available from the Council website, Renfrewshire House and all Council libraries.
Copies of the Renfrewshire Local Development Plan and its associated documents are available from the Council website, Renfrewshire House and all Council libraries.
The proposed plan, which replaces the current Renfrewshire Local Development Plan that was adopted in 2014, is supported by an Environmental Report, Habitats Regulations Appraisal, Action/Delivery Programme and background papers.
The consultation ends on Monday 10 June 2019.
The Council will consider all representations made during the consultation before submitting the plan to the Scottish Government later this year.
For more information on the preparation of Renfrewshire’s next Local Development Plan or to take part in the consultation, visit http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/article/3070/Preparation-of-the-next-Local-Development-Plan
Consultation forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to Communities, Housing and Planning Services, Strategy and Place Team, 4th Floor, Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street, Paisley, PA1 1JD.