Join Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse as they take audiences on a fun-filled tour of the imagination in Disney On Ice presents Passport to Adventure. Journey to the most memorable Disney destinations with all of your favorite characters and get swept away by classic tales that have captivated the world. This ice spectacular visits intu Braehead Arena from September 22 to October 1.
You and your family will explore the African Pride Lands with Simba, Timon and Pumbaa, voyage deep under the sea to Ariel’s mystical underwater kingdom and tour London with Peter Pan and Wendy before flying to Neverland to meet up with Tinker Bell. You’ll also be whisked away to the wintery wonderland of the number-one-animated feature film of all time, Disney’s Frozen, for an extraordinary adventure with sisters Anna and Elsa, rugged mountain man Kristoff and everyone’s favorite huggable snowman Olaf, as they journey to discover that true love is the most magical power of all.
The Arena will be filled with music and magic in every scene as you discover four unique landscapes filled with boisterous pirates, Caribbean beats and tender moments. With Academy Award®-winning musical scores brought to life by world-class skating, Disney On Ice presents Passport to Adventure is an experience your family will cherish forever.
“It’s an extraordinary show and a family vacation all rolled into one incredible night,” says Producer Kenneth Feld. “You really get a sense you are traveling right alongside Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their friends.”
Log on to www.braehead-arena.co.uk for more information and ticket sales.
Passport to Adventure was created by a team of industry experts known for their ability to convey the movements and designs needed to bring each Disney destination to life:
- Jerry Bilik (Director) – Creative team member for 30 Disney On Ice shows; arranged music for a number of television series, including Starsky and Hutch and Charlie’s Angels; music coordinator for The 31st Annual Emmy® Awards.
- Patty Vincent (Director – Frozen section) – Directed numerous Feld Entertainment ice and stage shows including Disney On Ice presents Frozen, Magical Ice Festival and Dare to Dream; began her career at Feld Entertainment as a skater 31 years ago and has advanced in the company to become the Creative Director for all touring Disney On Ice productions. Additional credits include co-director of Playhouse Disney Live! and co-director of High School Musical Summer Celebration (stage show).
- Cindy Stuart (Choreographer) –2016 Professional Skaters Association Choreographer of the Year Award winner and the 2014 Sonja Henie Award nominee; collaborated with Olympic Gold Medalist Robin Cousins on multiple projects; choreographed for US Champion Gracie Gold, US Bronze Medalist Mirai Nagasu, World and Olympic Champions Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao and Olympic Champions Jamie Salé and David Pelletier; choreographer for several Disney On Ice productions, including Disney On Ice presents Frozen.
- The Late Robert Smith (Production Designer) – Theater credits include the 2001 revival of Hair at the Wadsworth Theater; the world premiere of Bingo, an award-winning musical in Los Angeles and Stephen Sondheim’s Assassins and Dorian. Film credits include Session Man (Academy Award® winner) and Contact (Academy Award® nominee).
- The Late Arthur Boccia (Costume Designer) – Worked 14 seasons as a top assistant to the late Don Foote, designer for Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®; worked in film, television and on Broadway plays, including the Broadway revival of Pal Joey; designed costumes for 10 Disney On Ice productions.
- Patrick Dierson (Lighting Designer) – Lighting credits include the MTV Video Music Awards and the world tour of Shakira; received an Emmy® Award nomination for his work on the post September 11th musical telethon America: A Tribute to Heroes.
Twitter: @DisneyOnIce #PassportToAdventure