Annual event to celebrate and show support for the men and women who make up the Armed Forces community.
Rouken Glen Park is set to play host to Armed Forces Day on Saturday 18 June.
The fantastic and popular event will have a wide variety of attractions for all ages including:
- Highland and Lowland Regiment Band
- Selection of military vehicles
- Assault courses
- Climbing wall
- Barrhead Burgh Brass Band
- Gillian Anderson dance school display team from Barrhead
- Military costumes
- Birds of prey
- Farmers’ market
- A wide selection of military stalls
- The Swing Sensation
- Children’s fairground
- Performances by the Scotland Military Wives Choir
- Historical re-enactments
- Military model boat display.
It’s free, family friendly and will open at midday with the raising of the Armed Forces Day flag at the park’s Pavilion at 12:15pm.
Armed Forces Day is a national celebration designed to give people the opportunity to show support for the men and women who make up the armed forces community, from serving troops to service families and from veterans to cadets.