It’s the most wonderful time of the year and OneRen has launched it’s fabulous new Winter Programme, which promises festive fun and cheer for the people of Renfrewshire and beyond.
The programme, which includes a number of free activities in the incredible new Paisley Central Library, which is set to open in a High Street location, will offer a range of no and low cost activities that appeal to all audiences.
Michelle Woods, Deputy Business Development Director at OneRen, said: “Our Winter Programme will provide some festive cheer for children and young people, families and the wider community, as well as showcasing our incredible new venues, such as Paisley Central Library and the iconic Paisley Town Hall. There’s even a chance to meet Santa!
“If you are looking to do something that takes you and the kids away from the hustle and bustle of all things Christmas – or just want to enjoy am activity-packed kids’ party or a wonderful crafting session, then our programme is for you. But remember, our sessions are hugely popular, so get booking now!”
More activities will be added to the programme as it develops, but confirmed highlights include:
- Christmas Party at the On-X 22nd December 6:30pm – 8:45pm Activities include a Santa’s Grotto, bouncy castle, disco and various party games.
- Breakfast or Brunch with Santa- 21st and 22nd December, breakfast is at 10am-11am and brunch is 1pm-2pm.
Big Feed and OneRen invite you to a Christmas meet & greet experience with Santa at the newly refurbished Paisley Town Hall!
Choose a breakfast or a brunch session, and enjoy a festive buffet before Santa makes his grand entrance and stops for photographs with each family. Little ones will get spray art tattoos and goodie bags before Santa has to dash back to a very busy North Pole!”
– Ticket prices are £20 children and £15 for adults
- Christmas Movies at Paisley Town Hall
It’s a Wonderful Life – 23rd December 2:30pm
Elf – 23rd December 7pm
Frozen – 24th December 10am
The Muppets Christmas Carol – 24th December 1pm
Want to treat yourself and your little ones to the ultimate VIP treatment?
Add the VIP offer to your booking to choose from a range of bespoke cocktails and mocktails.
VIP tickets holders will receive a complimentary drink and popcorn on arrival, gain exclusive access to the stunning Loggia VIP bar area, and access the best seats in the house. Standard tickets are also available.
- Beau and The Snowfairy at Paisley Town Hall
Thu 21st and Fri 22nd Dec – 11.30am and 2.30pm, pay what you can scheme £5, £7, £9
Step inside the world of Beau’s Emporium, where a magical secret is waiting to be told. Join Beau, the toymaker, as they journey into an enchanted world beyond their imagination. With original music, ‘Beau and the Snowfairy’ will be a fun-filled and festive show for the whole family. Written by Iona Ramsay and produced by PACE Theatre Company.
- OneRen Mini Movers – Running Thursday 9th Nov – Thursday 7th Dec at KVG Pavilion in Renfrew. 9:30 to 10:00am for children – 2 years. 10:30 – 11:00am for children 2 – 4 years. A fun interactive parent and child dance and movement class. This class will introduce your child to a range of dance moves and develop their movement, coordination and rhythm through a use of fun pre-school song’s and dance-based activities.
- Winter Splash Sessions at Lagoon Leisure Centre: Sat 9th & Sat 16th December 1.30pm – 2.30pm.
Inflatable aqua run and Christmas themed party games with floats. Price – £2.25
- Library festive crafts – Free festive craft sessions at Paisley Central Library running from 21st Nov – 14th Dec. Crafts include: Make a Paisley Pattern Scarf, Mosaic Coasters, Botanical Tote Bag Printing, Silk Painting – Cards, Metal Embossed Decorations, Embroidery – Winter Snowflake, Print Your Own Festive Wrapping Paper, Make a Festive Rag Wreath.
- Gruffalo Adventure – Thursday 30 November 2023, Saturday 2 December 2023, FREE. Suitable for children aged up to 7 years with their parents. Oh help! Oh no! Where’s the Gruffalo? When all of the storybook characters go missing, our storyteller is going to need some help to get them back. Jump into an interactive adventure, with storytelling, role-play, arts and crafts and just a dash of imagination magic. Can we put our story back together? And who might be hiding in the deep dark woods? A special guest will be appearing at the end of the show..
- Christmas Story Times – Tuesday 5th, Tuesday 12th, Tuesday 19th December 10.00am – 11.00am, FREE. Suitable for ages 0 – 5 years with their parents. It’s the most wonderful time of the year. So, let’s celebrate with stories! Join us around our campfire for an interactive, sensory experience. We’ll explore festive fables from around the world and take part in sing along songs. We’ll also work together to create some brand new Christmas stories of our very own. Have fun, build confidence, create stories!
More details on all of the festive fun and activities available from OneRen can be found at www.oneren.org/winter