A vacuum sealer is one of the best kitchen appliances as it helps you keep the food safe for a longer period of time because of the vacuum seal. It makes sure that no air is entered into the seal, keeping the bacteria away from food. There are various types of vacuum sealer available in the market including industrial vacuum sealer.
Depending on the usage of vacuum sealer, you should either buy a vacuum sealer for kitchen or for your industry. There are a lot of inexpensive external vacuum sealers that do not require too much space in your kitchen and are perfectly capable of keeping your home-cooked food safe.
There are certain things to consider when buying a vacuum sealer such as power, seal, ease of use, durability, and other features. Make sure it has a strong and capable motor that draws out more air to keep your food safe for a longer time.
Buying a vacuum sealer is only the first step to keeping your food safe, but you should also be aware of its working and maintenance. Let’s have a look at some of the best maintenance tips for vacuum sealer.
- Clean the Vacuum Sealer: It is very important to clean the vacuum sealer after every use. It helps in preventing ants, pests, and other hard liquid drips that can damage your food the next time you try to seal it.
- Never clean it with harsh chemicals: Harsh chemicals might clean your vacuum sealer properly but it can also come in contact with the sealing bags during sealing process. Always use water and mild soap for cleaning your vacuum cleaner.
- Never Use Wet clothes to wipe the appliance: Using wet cloth/rag for wiping the appliance might affect its working mechanism and increase the risk of damage. Make sure you use a damp cloth to wipe the important areas including vacuum channel, trays, and switches.
- Remove the Soap residue: Make sure there’s no soap residue left behind after cleaning the vacuum sealer as it will make the surface sticky, allowing dirt and bacteria to stick to it. Rinse off the soap from the rag and squeeze the excess water from it and then wipe all the areas you had cleaned earlier.
- Wipe it again with dry cloth: Once you have wiped all the areas with a wet cloth, it’s time to wipe it again with a dry rag to ensure there’s no water in the appliance.
It is important to make sure that the appliance is completely dry before using it. Wet appliance increases the risk of electric shock when plugged in. Now that you know how to maintain your vacuum sealer, let’s have a look at some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) and common problems faced by consumers all over the world.
- Unit is not opening and not allowing the user to vacuum the food
If you have switched on the main switch of the sealer and the red seal light is also on, press the cancel button “twice”. In order to seal a new bag, the red light should be “off”. Pressing cancel button twice will solve this problem.
- I’m not able to insert a sealing bag
In order to insert the sealing bag into the vacuum sealer, you need to place each and every part of the sealer properly. Check if drip tray, bag detection tray, and the foam gadgets are placed properly in their appropriate place.
- Which side of the sealing bag should be placed on the sealing bar?
Place the rough side of the sealing bag downwards but if there’s a curl in the sealing bag, then you must place the curled end down.
Apart from helping you keep your foods safe, a vacuum sealer can also be used to seal other things apart from foods. Therefore, purchasing a high-rated vacuum sealer can help you in numerous ways. However, you must learn how to maintain it for better results and to keep it working efficiently for years. One small mistake can lower its shelf life. The seal quality also depends on how better you maintain your vacuum sealer. This article provides the most incredible tips to maintain your vacuum sealer and answers the most common questions related to a vacuum sealer.