You’ll be ecstatic by your kid’s happiness when they see their favourite Disney characters come to life in front of their eyes, dancing on the floor, twirling in the air, and performing stunts breathtaking enough to take you back to your childhood.
But the amazing extravaganza called ‘Disney On Ice’ has a lot of details you need to know and take care of. If you wish to create a memorable experience for your child rather than playing free spins live casino on your couch, continue reading.
What is Disney On Ice?
Disney On Ice is a series of touring ice shows produced by Feld Entertainment’s Ice Follies and Holiday on Ice, Inc. under agreement with The Walt Disney Company. The show is primarily aimed at children and portrays figure skaters in the roles of popular Disney characters in performances derived from various Disney films.
A new show is launched every year and is hosted by Mickey Mouse, sometimes assisted by Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, and Buzz Lightyear.
Tips for the best ‘Disney On Ice’ experience
- Pick the best show
Disney On Ice has multiple shows on different days, so make sure to pick the one that’s best for you. Here’s a summary of each of the shows:
- Disney On Ice presents Dream Big – Everything from Disney princesses and princes to villains and the 7 dwarves. This show is for people who like the royal side of the Disney universe.
- Disney On Ice presents Reach For The Stars – A truly star-studded show featuring only the biggest stars like Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Anna, Elsa, and many other Disney princesses.
- Disney On Ice presents Dare To Dream – Your favourite Disney princesses including the latest ones like Moana.
- Disney On Ice presents Follow Your Heart – Classic Disney princesses are accompanied by iconic Pixar characters from Nemo, Inside Out, and Toy Story.
- Disney On Ice presents Frozen – Prepare to let it go with the phenomenal Frozen characters.
- Dress smart
The ‘Disney On Ice’ website specifies that the temperature in the arena is usually 10+ degrees cooler than outside. Though the inside of the arena is surprisingly comfortable, it does depend on your affinity to cold. So it’s advisable to be prepared and don some extra layers both on yourselves and your kids.
- Break Time
Disney On Ice shows usually run from 90 minutes to two hours long, and you only get a 15-20 minute intermission halfway through them. The show is captivating, but kids may get restive from time to time. Spot out the restrooms beforehand and take breaks as needed. The restrooms may have a long line during the intermission, so be prepared for it.
- Make it Magical
The festive magic from Disney’s amusements parks carries over to their Ice shows, so don’t hesitate to get creative with your kids’ fashion. Dress them up in Disney Princess gowns and Toy Story costumes, but make sure to add some layers on top to keep away the cold.
- Sit Down
Usually, the stadiums where Disney On Ice shows are held are huge, and that presents the problem of where to sit. The best seats come at a higher price but are worth it if the front row is important to you. However, the view and experience will definitely be wonderful wherever you sit.