Doors Open Day taken by JMS for Paisley Photographs and community website. If you have any photographs you would like to submit then please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Paisley Photographs Day
Paisley Photographs Day will take place on Paisley Doors Open day 2012, what better day to offer you a personal photographic challenge?
This is a chance to take part in something unique. We are challenging you to take a Paisley Photograph on 8th September, Doors Open Day. Now the rules for this are pretty simple and all ages can take part.
- Your name and email
- Who shot it.
- Where it was taken.
- What it is a picture of.
- Why did you choose this?
I hear some of you saying “But I’m not in Paisley!” No problem! If you’re from Paisley and have moved abroad, take a photo of wherever you are on 8th September, anywhere in the world. For those of you on different planets, I can’t wait to see the results…
This will be a snapshot of life taken by Paisley folk, wherever they are, on one day and shared with everyone, so capture something that means a lot to you.
We have to have some simple rules and they can’t be bent, however long I’ve know you or if even if you offer me money!
- Do not take pictures of children, this goes without saying. However if it is your child or a friend’s child and you have permission then great.
- People must give their consent, street photography is very cool but permission must be asked. Without permission their faces must either not be visible or they are in a group of people. If you are photographing the High Street then use common sense.
- Rude or offensive material will be binned immediately.
- I am not against showing negative images of the town as everywhere has undesirable areas. But please don’t go out of your way to focus on that, try to be positive.
- Make sure your photo does not show nudity, unless it’s of an animal – they’re all naked right?
By sending in one photo, we assume your permission to copy the photo to add to our collection of images. All credit will be given, and we shall not use it for any purpose other than for the Paisley Photo Challenge.
So it’s very simple, take a photo and send it in to email@example.com or via twitter or Facebook.
We will be organising photo tours on that day as it coincides with Paisley Doors Open day 2012. For more information on these, watch this space.
This is not a competition, there are no prizes apart from seeing your photo on the Paisley.org.uk website, it is a personal challenge, enjoy!