Renfrewshire’s Provost Community Awards are back
Nominations are now open for the 2012 Renfrewshire Provost Community Awards.
Businesses, individuals and community groups across Renfrewshire are being invited to put forward their local heroes for these long-running awards.
Now in their 14th year, the awards celebrate those in the community who have made special achievements and gone out of their way to make a difference to the lives of others.
The awards, which will be held in the Glynhill Hotel on Saturday 25 February, hosted by STV’s Sean Batty, who is himself from Paisley.
They are also set to be Provost Celia Lawson’s last as host in her role as Renfrewshire’s civic leader.There are seven award categories:
- Arts and Culture Award (sponsored by Acre Industrial and Cleaning Services)
- Adult Achiever, sponsored by Diageo
- Special Needs (sponsored by Scottish Power and former Provost Ronnie Burns)
- Community Volunteer Award (sponsored by BASF Performance Products UK)
- Carer’s Award (sponsored by former Provost Nancy Allison)
- Spirit of Fairtrade Award, (sponsored by the Piazza)
- Child of Achievement (sponsored by Glasgow Airport Ltd)
Provost Lawson said: “The Provost’s Community Awards are always a very special occasion and will be even more so for me this year as this is my last year as Provost.
“That’s why I want to make them the best yet and I’m reaching out to all parts of community to encourage nominations. If you know someone extra special through work, school, church or maybe it’s a friend or a family member fill in a form and let us know.”
Nomination forms are available at all council buildings or on the council’s website www.renfrewshire.gov.uk