People love many things about UK, be it its unbeatable natural beauty or its flourishing economy. Due to these factors many want to settle in UK. The only issue they face is to pass the UK citizenship test or the ILR test.
There are two main tests to attempt such as the Life in the UK test and English language test. It is easy to pass the tests by visiting websites that provide useful guidelines for candidates requiring British citizenship. One such well-known website that is highly appreciated for providing easy to follow tips is the Citizenship British. This site offers a UK citizenship practice test for candidates to gain confidence and practise their learning skills to pass the test with ease.
Now more about the two kinds of UK citizenship tests:
- Life in the UK test.
- The questions basically test your knowledge about Britain. There will be twenty four questions to answer in forty five minutes time period.
- A candidate can buy the official handbook of Life in UK to gain knowledge about the kind of questions asked and the answers.
- The questions will be based upon the current happenings in UK as well of the country’s history. The questions can be about important publicly well-known people, about the monuments of British, about popular tourist spots, sports and the culture of Britain.
- English language test
- This test needs be passed every year if you prefer to continue holding British citizenship. The simple reason is that the test is valid for only one year.
- Firstly, you need to check with your immigration adviser whether it is essential for you to give English language test.
- You don’t have to give the test if passed B1, B2, C1 or C2 level of test to show you are well qualified in English language.
- You can deny giving the test if you are a teacher of English language or have done graduation in the language.
- People above the age of sixty five, don’t have to attempt the English language test.
- Individuals troubled with physical or mental health conditions for many years can remain exempted in giving the test yearly.
- Citizens of countries like Antigua, Barbuda, Bahamas, Australia, Canada, Dominica, Barbados, Belize, Jamaica, New Zealand, Grenada, Guyana, Republic of Ireland, St Lucia, St Vincent, St Kitts & Nevis, and the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago and USA don’t need to apply for the English language test.
- You don’t have any written test however need to attend oral exam that checks your speaking and listening capability.
- The interviewer evaluates your verbal test by noting your pronunciation and fluency in speaking the language.
- The other part of the test is to know your listening and understanding ability. The interviewer will converse with you to observe whether you are able to clearly understand the English language without any difficulty.
- You need to attempt the tests in State approved testing centres.
Both the tests are easy to pass, if you are stress free. Pave your way to gain British citizenship by passing the tests with flying colours.