The original Royal Victoria Eye Infirmary opened in 1888 with 4 beds.
A new 17 bed building replaced it in 1897. This was further extended in 1926.
The Royal Victoria Eye Infirmary joined the National Health Service in 1948 and was under the Board of Management for Paisley and District Hospitals until 1974 when it was placed in the Renfrew District of Argyll and Clyde Health Board.
In 1986 the staff and patients were transferred to the new Royal Alexandra Infirmary and the Eye Infirmary was closed.
The building is now a care home for the elderly.