There are many reasons to block websites on Firefox and many ways to do that. Parental control, in-class student productivity, or fighting off distraction in the workplace—whatever the motive, website restriction is possible. Doing this can protect you and others from harmful content.
Different Ways to Block a Website on Firefox
Firefox is a browser available on different devices with different operating systems. Whether you have a computer, an Android device, or an iPhone, there’s a way to block websites! To learn how to do that on your device, scroll down and find the information you need.
Install the Block Site Extension on Your Computer
To block websites on your PC or Mac, install Block Site and follow these steps:
- Press the icon with three lines at the browser’s top-right corner and select Add-ons from the menu.
- Search for Block Site in the Find more add-ons search bar.
- Install Block Site by clicking Add to Firefox.
- Click Add on the Add Block Site pop-up window that will appear.
- Tick the Allow this extension to run in Private Windows box on the next pop-up window and then click on Okay, Got it.
- Re-select Add-ons from the menu of the browser’s icon with three lines and click on Extensions.
- Click the icon with three dots at the top-right corner of the Block Site extension and select Options from the menu.
- Enter the address of the site that you want to block in the Block a new hostname bar and click the Add button next to it.
- To redirect someone to a different site when they try to access the blocked one, fill in the Redirect to box.
- Go to Master Password and create a password to unblock websites and change settings.
- Use the Save button next to the Master Password bar to save the changes you’ve made.
Use LeechBlock NG for Android
If you have an Android device, you can block websites by doing the following:
- Click the icon with three lines at Mozilla’s top-right corner and choose Add-ons.
- Search for LeechBlock NG in the search bar on the page.
- Once you find the extension, click on Add to Firefox to install it.
- Press the Add tab on the first pop-up.
- Tick the Allow this extension to run in Private Windows box on the next pop-up and click Okay, Got it.
- Open Mozilla’s top-right-corner menu with three lines and choose Add-ons.
- Choose Options from the menu with three dots at the top-right corner of the LeechBlock NG extension.
- Name your block sets and add the addresses of the sites you want to block.
- Choose when and how to block a website from the options available in the When to Block and How to Block sections.
- Save your changes by clicking the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- Create a password in the Password bar of the Access Control section available through the General tab.
- Click on Save Options and Close at the bottom of the page to save all changes.
More Ways to Block Websites on Firefox and Other Browsers
iPhone and iPad users can block websites in different browsers by enabling Screen Time in Settings and adding the website’s address in Limit Adult Websites. The Limit Adult Websites setting is available through the Content and Privacy Restrictions option.
You can also block websites through the Hosts file on your Windows or Mac computer. Open the file in Notebook or Terminal, type 127.0.0.1, press Tab, and add the address of the site you wish to block.
Using website blocker software is another great way to block websites.
We hope that you’re at ease now that you know how to block websites on Firefox. Keep surfing the internet happily and prevent unwanted content from reaching your children, students, or employees!
We hope that you’re at ease now that you know how to block websites on Firefox. Keep surfing the internet happily and prevent unwanted content from reaching your children, students, or employees! For more information about how to block a website and make the internet a safer place to hang out, check out https://www.igniteseo.co.uk/ for tips and information.