Contract Type: Contract or Temp
Closing Date: Dec 8th, 2021
We have a new opportunity for a Slinger Banksman for our client based in Greenock, near Glasgow
- As a Slinger you will be the individual responsible to the Lift Supervisor for the delivery of general lifting activities during the destruct of any given vessel or offshore structure in accordance with all demolition and lifting safe methods of work and schedules.
- You will report any deviation from the safe methods of work and schedules as soon as you become aware.
- You must be well organised, capable, reliable and use your experience throughout your working career.
- You must work to prescribed Method Statements & Risk Assessments with the minimum of supervision yet work with ATLAS Decom team.
- Managing Director
- Project Director
- Appointed Person
- Lift Supervisor
3. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report any problems as they arise.
- Report and record all breaches of health and safety on site and stop the job if necessary.
- Assist with providing near miss and incident reports where necessary.
- Assist with the health and safety and quality control management of projects.
- Attend daily briefings and toolbox talks.
- Perform inspections and maintenance on all lift accessories.
- Assessing structures to identify their structural suitability for lifting.
- Assemble lift accessories relevant to the lift.
- Select cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks and sheaves, according to the weight size of load to be moved.
- Attaches lift accessories on and off the load, also on and off the crane.
- Gives directions to the crane operative using hand signals or two-way radios.
- Maintain the rigging loft at all times.
- Maintain good housekeeping at all times.
As a minimum:
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) –
- A40: NVQ Level 2 in Plant Operations – Slinger Signaller
- Basic knowledge of LOLER 1998
- Basic knowledge of BS7121 – Lifting ACOP.
- Proven demolition or construction experience.
- The ability to safely use hand and power tools, heavy machinery.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to stand, walk and/or carry for extended periods.
- Good physical stamina.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Further details can be found here.