PLANT OPERATIVE (HEAVY PLANT)
Contract Type: Contract or Temp
Closing Date: Dec 8th, 2021
- As a Plant Operative (Heavy Plant) you will be the individual responsible to the Topman Supervisor / Site Manager for the delivery of operating an excavator or scrap handler pick and carry scrap metal loads around site safely during the destruct of any given vessel or offshore structure in accordance with all demolition safe methods of work and schedules.
- You will report any deviation from the safe methods of work and schedules as soon as you become aware.
- You must be well organised, capable, reliable and use your experience throughout your working career.
- You must work to prescribed Method Statements & Risk Assessments with the minimum of supervision yet work with ATLAS Decom team.
- Managing Director
- Project Director
- Topman Supervisor / Site Manager
3. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report any problems as they arise.
- Report and record all breaches of health and safety on site and stop the job if necessary.
- Assist with providing near miss and incident reports where necessary.
- Assist with the health and safety and quality control management of projects.
- Attend daily briefings and toolbox talks.
- Performing inspection and maintenance on all aspects of the forklift to ensure that they are in good working order and fit for purpose.
- Using an excavator, set out the burning field with oversize scrap metal.
- Using a scrap handler, clear the burning field of processed scrap and place in the designated scrap pile.
- Using a scrap handler, load vessels with scrap metal.
- Maintain good housekeeping at all times.
As a minimum:
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) –
- A10: 180 degree Excavator below 5 tonnes – Foundation/Novice (Red Card), or
- A10: 180 degree Excavator above 5 tonnes – Experienced Worker (Blue Card), or
- A12: 180 degree Excavator below 5 tonnes – Foundation/Novice (Red Card), or
- A12: 180 degree Excavator above 5 tonnes – Experienced Worker (Blue Card), or
- A10 & A12: Plant Operations – NVQ Level 2.
- Proven demolition experience.
- The ability to safely use heavy plant machinery.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to stand, walk and/or carry for extended periods.
- Good physical stamina.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Effective communication skills.