Plant Operative (Forklift)
Contract Type: Contract or Temp
Closing Date: Dec 8th, 2021
We have a new opportunity for a Plant Operative (Forklift) for our client based in Greenock, near Glasgow
- As a Plant Operative (Forklift) you will be the individual responsible to the Topman Supervisor / Site Manager for the delivery of operating a forklift to pick and carry loads around site safely during the destruct of any given vessel or offshore structure in accordance with all demolition safe methods of work and schedules.
- You will report any deviation from the safe methods of work and schedules as soon as you become aware.
- You must be well organised, capable, reliable and use your experience throughout your working career.
- You must work to prescribed Method Statements & Risk Assessments with the minimum of supervision yet work with ATLAS Decom team.
- Managing Director
- Project Director
- Topman Supervisor / Site Manager
3. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report any problems as they arise.
- Report and record all breaches of health and safety on site and stop the job if necessary.
- Assist with providing near miss and incident reports where necessary.
- Assist with the health and safety and quality control management of projects.
- Attend daily briefings and toolbox talks.
- Performing inspection and maintenance on all aspects of the forklift to ensure that they are in good working order and fit for purpose.
- Maintain good housekeeping at all times.
As a minimum:
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) –
- A14: Rough Terrain Forklift – Foundation/Novice (Red Card), or
- A14: Rough Terrain Forklift – Experienced Worker (Blue Card), or
- A14: Rough Terrain Forklift – NVQ Level 2 in Plant Operations, or
- A16: Counterbalance/Industrial Forklift – Foundation/Novice (Red Card), or
- A16: Industrial Counterbalanced Forklift – Experienced Worker (Blue Card), or
- A16: Industrial Forklift – NVQ Level 2 in Plant Operations.
- Proven demolition or construction experience.
- The ability to safely use forklift machinery.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to stand, walk and/or carry for extended periods.
- Good physical stamina.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Further details can be found here.