Contract Type: Contract or Temp
Closing Date: Dec 9th, 2021
We have a new opportunity for a Plant Fitter to join our client based in Greenock, near Glasgow.
- As a Plant Fitter you will be the individual responsible to the Site Manager/Topman Supervisor for managing all functions of inspection, maintenance and repair of heavy plant and equipment during the destruct of any given vessel or offshore structure in accordance with all demolition safe methods of work and schedules.
- You will report any deviation from the safe methods of work and schedules as soon as you become aware.
- You must be well organised, capable, reliable and use your experience from throughout your working career.
- You must work with the minimum of supervision yet work with ATLAS Decom team.
- Managing Director
- Project Director
- Site Manager/Topman Supervisor
3. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report any problems as they arise.
- Report and record all breaches of health and safety on site and stop the job if necessary.
- Assist with providing near miss and incident reports where necessary.
- Assist with the health and safety and quality control management of projects.
- Attend daily briefings and toolbox talks.
- Working at all times to ensure that the ATLAS objectives and operational requirements are maintained at all times.
- Dealing with all aspects of heavy plant and equipment: electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic.
- Carry out regular servicing, checking for damage or wear and tear and making adjustments where required.
- Diagnostics of breakdowns using manuals, worksheets, and technical drawings.
- Operating computer diagnostic equipment to find faults in complex machinery.
- Use various hand and power tools, as well as welding gear and electrical testing equipment.
- Repair or replace damaged parts and reassembling and testing the machine.
- Completing daily log sheets, listing work has been carried out.
- Ensuring that good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
As a minimum:
- Time-served modern apprenticeship in construction plant and maintenance.
- Preferable qualifications but not essential –
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card, or
- Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) Health Safety and Environment, or
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ), or
- Client Contractor National Safety Group (CCNSG) Safety Passport.
- NVQ 2/3 in plant and construction maintenance.
- Ex-military background is preferable but not essential.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to stand, walk and/or carry for extended periods.
- Good physical stamina.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Further details can be found here.