Contract Type: Contract or Temp
Closing Date: Dec 8th, 2021
We have a new opportunity for a Lift Supervisor for our client based in Greenock, near Glasgow
- As a Lift Supervisor you will be the individual responsible to the Appointed Person for the delivery of general lifting activities during the destruct of any given vessel or offshore structure in accordance with all demolition safe methods of work and schedules.
- You will report any deviation from the safe methods of work and schedules as soon as you become aware.
- You must be well organised, capable, reliable and use your experience throughout your working career.
- You must work to prescribed Lift Plans & Risk Assessments with the minimum of supervision yet work with ATLAS Decom team.
- Managing Director
- Project Director
- Appointed Person
3. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report any problems as they arise.
- Report and record all breaches of health and safety on site and stop the job if necessary.
- Assist with providing near miss and incident reports where necessary.
- Assist with the health and safety and quality control management of projects.
- Attend daily briefings and toolbox talks.
- Take into account the load that is to be lifted, including its weight, lifting points, materials, and durability.
- Take into account the load stability of the machine being used to lift and manoeuvre the load.
- Take into account the route that the machine is to transport the load by as well as the motion speed at which it can travel at.
- Take into account the correct selection of crane to be used, including that of its dimensions, reach and lift height.
- Choose the right lifting accessories and ancillaries.
- Take into account the crane position and load position that is to be utilized during the lift.
- Take into account the lifting area’s environment, including any proximity hazards, ground conditions, environmental factors and oversailing zones.
- Take into account of the space to be allocated for crane rigging and dismantling.
- Selecting relevant lifting personnel for the various roles
- General safety for all participants in the operation
As a minimum:
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) –
- A62: Crane Supervisor – Foundation/Novice (Red Card), or
- A62: Crane Supervisor – Experienced Worker (Blue Card), or
- A62: Crane Supervisor – Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations.
- Working knowledge of LOLER 1998
- Working knowledge of BS7121 – Lifting ACOP.
- Proven demolition or construction experience.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to stand, walk and/or carry for extended periods.
- Good physical stamina.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Further details can be found here.