Contract Type: Contract or Temp
Closing Date: Dec 8th, 2021
We have a new opportunity for a Labourer for our client based in Greenock, near Glasgow
- As a Labourer you will be the individual responsible to the Labour Supervisor for the delivery of general labouring activities and the removal of all oil and waters during the destruct of any given vessel or offshore structure in accordance with all demolition safe methods of work and schedules
- You will report any deviation from the safe methods of work and schedules as soon as you become aware.
- You must be well organised, capable, reliable and use your experience throughout your working career.
- You must work to prescribed Method Statements & Risk Assessments with the minimum of supervision yet work with ATLAS Decom team.
- Managing Director
- Project Director
- Topman Supervisor / Site Manager
- Labour Supervisor
3. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report any problems as they arise.
- Report and record all breaches of health and safety on site and stop the job if necessary.
- Assist with providing near miss and incident reports where necessary.
- Assist with the health and safety, Environmental and quality control management of projects.
- Attend daily briefings and toolbox talks.
- Using hand or power tools, heavy machinery to down interior structure/partitions/walls/structures.
- Directing plant around the site as a whole.
- Signalling heavy equipment operators to ensure that heavy machinery and equipment are correctly positioned.
- Performing maintenance on all tools, machinery, and equipment to ensure that they are in good working order and fit for purpose.
- Assessing structures to identify their structural components and determine the most efficient methods to perform demolition activities.
- Stripping of structures of any valuable or reusable materials, such as pipes, beds, ceilings, framework, radiators, and steel beams etc.
- Removing debris, non-hazardous insulation, and hazardous materials from job sites.
As a minimum:
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) –
- Labourer (Green Card) Demolition Labourer, or
- Green Card – NVQ Level 1
- Proven demolition or construction experience.
- The ability to safely use hand and power tools, heavy machinery.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to stand, walk and/or carry for extended periods.
- Good physical stamina.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Further details can be found here.