Contract Type: Contract or Temp
Closing Date: Dec 8th, 2021
We have a new opportunity for a Labour Supervisor to join our client based in Greenock, near Glasgow
- As a Labour Supervisor you will be the individual responsible to the Site Manager / Topman Supervisor for the delivery of general labouring activities and the management of all oil, waters and other environmental matters during the destruct of any given vessel or offshore structure in accordance with all demolition safe methods of work and schedules.
- You will report any deviation from the safe methods of work and schedules as soon as you become aware.
- You must be well organised, capable, reliable and use your experience throughout your working career.
- You must work to prescribed Method Statements & Risk Assessments with the minimum of supervision yet work with ATLAS Decom team.
- Managing Director
- Project Director
- Topman Supervisor / Site Manager
3. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report any problems as they arise.
- Report and record all breaches of health and safety on site and stop the job if necessary.
- Assist with providing near miss and incident reports where necessary.
- Assist with the health and safety, Environmental and quality control management of projects.
- Attend daily briefings and toolbox talks.
- Working at all times to ensure that the ATLAS objectives and operational requirements are maintained at all times.
- Providing legislation updates and making staff aware of any changes.
- Ensuring the daily work pack is in place is being adhered to.
- Providing leadership and managing productivity of the individual labour teams.
- Ensuring that persons in their charge are adequately trained and are fully aware of any known hazards and risks.
- Ensuring that good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
As a minimum:
- Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) –
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS), or
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
- Proven demolition experience.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to stand, walk and/or carry for extended periods.
- Good physical stamina.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Further details can be found here.