Contract Type: Contract or Temp
Closing Date: Dec 8th, 2021
We have a new opportunity for a HSE Advisor to join our client based in Greenock, near Glasgow
- As a HSE Advisor you will be the individual responsible to the Site Manager/Topman Supervisor for the delivery of all health, safety and environmental guidance during the destruct of any given vessel or offshore structure in accordance with all demolition safe methods of work and schedules.
- You will report any deviation from the safe methods of work and schedules as soon as you become aware.
- You must be well organised, capable, reliable and use your experience throughout your working career.
- You must work to prescribed Lift Plans & Risk Assessments with the minimum of supervision yet work with ATLAS Decom team.
- Managing Director
- Project Director
- Site Manager/Topman Supervisor
- H&S Consultant
3. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work alongside the H&S Consultant.
- Report any problems as they arise.
- Carry out all incident investigations.
- Report and record all breaches of health and safety on site and stop the job if necessary.
- Assist with providing near miss and incident reports where necessary.
- Assist with the health and safety and quality control management of projects.
- Attend daily briefings and toolbox talks.
- Assist the Site Manager/Topman Supervisor to ensure that an effective health and safety policy is enforced, issued and periodically appraised and any necessary changes made.
- Have the authority to cease any activity considered giving rise to risk of imminent danger to person, property or the environment involving employees, sub-contractors, property, plant or equipment.
- Initiate measures to eliminate / control risks to health, safety and the environment.
- Conduct safety audits and inspections and report findings to the Site Manager/Topman Supervisor.
- Carry out periodic review of the safe methods of work and risk assessments.
- Ensure emergency plans are developed and maintained.
As a minimum:
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) –
- IOSH Working Safely, or
- IOSH Managing Safely, or
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) –
- Black CSCS Card – Manager Level 5, 6, 7 SVQ or NVQ, or
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) –
- National Certificate in Construction H&S, or
- Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) –
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
- Proven demolition or construction experience.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Comfortable handling confidential information.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to stand, walk and/or carry for extended periods.
- Good physical stamina.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Further details can be found here.