Contract Type: Contract or Temp
Closing Date: Dec 8th, 2021
We have a new opportunity for a Ground Burner for our client based in Greenock, near Glasgow.
- As a Ground Burner you will be the individual responsible to the Topman Supervisor for the delivery of all flame cutting activities during the destruct of any given vessel or offshore structure in accordance with all demolition safe methods of work and schedules.
- You will report any deviation from the safe methods of work and schedules as soon as you become aware.
- You must be well organised, capable, reliable and use your experience throughout your working career.
- You must work to prescribed Method Statements & Risk Assessments with the minimum of supervision yet work with ATLAS Decom team.
- Managing Director
- Project Director
- Topman Supervisor
3. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report any problems as they arise.
- Report and record all breaches of health and safety on site and stop the job if necessary.
- Assist with providing near miss and incident reports where necessary.
- Assist with the health and safety and quality control management of projects.
- Attend daily briefings and toolbox talks.
- Working at all times to ensure that the ATLAS objectives and operational requirements are maintained at all times.
- Ensuring the daily work pack is in place is being adhered to.
- Ensuring that good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
- Perform inspections and maintenance on all flame cutting equipment.
- Continually assess the work area for safety hazards.
- Dis/Assemble flame cutting equipment relevant to the work location.
- Use flame cutting equipment to cut scrap steel to furnace size.
As a minimum:
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) –
- Demolition And Refurbishment Operative – (Red Card) NVQ Level 2, or
- Demolition And Refurbishment Operative – (Blue Card) NVQ Level 2.
- Proven demolition experience.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to stand, walk and/or carry for extended periods.
- Good physical stamina.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Further details can be found here.