RAMH enables people to recover from mental ill health, and to build independent, fulfilled lives.
We do this in 6 ways:
• by providing immediate support in crisis situations
• by supporting people in their own homes with individualised care and practical support
• by providing day services including social and educational groups, drop-in facilities, and supporting recovery and continued well-being
• by providing counselling to young people within their schools, and to adults in the community
• by supporting carers, family and friends through education and information
• by raising awareness to overcome misconceptions around mental health
Did you know?
• 1 in 4 people in Scotland will experience a mental health problem this year
• RAMH provides 250,000 hours of face to face support, in local communities, every year
• RAMH provides support for mental health diagnosis from depression to self-harm, bipolar disorder to anxiety issues.
• RAMH provides 83,601 interventions every year; that is 229 per day, 7 days per week
• RAMH directly supports 4,000 local people per year, and estimates it has a positive impact on 12,000 people per year
• RAMH was founded in 1978 to offer support and to campaign for support for those experiencing mental health problems
• Since 1990 RAMH has provided professional care and services to those affected by mental ill health
• RAMH spends over 90 pence in every pound directly on care and services
The Culture Club is a new social club for people interested in cultural events and sharing the experience with others.