I have been asked to create a link to the Shop-mobility Scheme in Paisley, so i went to their website www.accesspaisley.org.uk to gather information for the Paisley website. Shop-mobility Paisley offer a great service to people with mobility problems, please read the following information on their services and products.
We are a charity that provides mobility equipment free of charge to mobility impaired people wishing to shop or use the facilities within the Paisley Town Centre. We are based inside the Paisley Centre Multi Storey Car Park shown in the picture. To enter from the street, please use the access ramp to the left of the building.
What is Shopmobility?
- It is a service which offers assistance to all people experiencing a mobility or sensory impairment whether temporary or permanent, to access shops and other facilities through the use of equipment and or the assistance of volunteer escorts.
- Shopmobility offers increased independence, self esteem, and choice to disabled people.
- It allows people with disabilities to integrate with the general public. possible to come in for an informal chat.
- The existence of schemes raises the awareness of the needs of people with disabilities
- Schemes throughout Scotland – visit the Shopmobility Scotland Site at www.shopmobility-scotland.org.uk/schemes.html for a list of all the schemes in Scotland.
- Schemes throughout the United Kingdom http://www.justmobility.co.uk/shop/
- where the details of every member scheme are listed.
- Are we a new scheme? We have been in existence since September 1992, and since then have developed a service within the Paisley area. In 1999 we moved into purpose built premises provided by the owners of The Paisley Centre and located in The Paisley Centre Multi Storey Car Park, Storie Street, Paisley PA1 2AP. Our service has developed steadily since then and we now employ a part-time Project Coordinator and a part-time Admin. Assistant supported by and supporting the volunteers.
We are currently recruiting Management Committee members, Administration Volunteers & Volunteer Escorts to assist people with their shopping. Hours can be arranged to suit you, but will be within our normal opening hours – Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.00 pm. Why not come and see us first and get a better idea of what we do for our service users and what we can do for you. We are also needing help for several short term projects – these require experience in either Marketing or Financial Management. We actively promote and support Volunteer development and training. Click on the Contact Us page and email us your details. We will contact you as soon as we can.
Visit their website www.accesspaisley.org.uk