, , ,

The Kelburne Cricket Club Paisley


The Kelburne Cricket Club

In 1860 just eight men planned to start up their own cricket club they were Robert R. Campbell, Archibald F. Graham, J. Campbell Smith, Frank Martin, Charles Rennison, J.Bain, John Millar and H. Edminson, they each paid 10/6, 52.1/2 pence in new money into a fund in order to create their desired club. They set out to gain support for their scheme, which they dully received from Lord Glasgow and in return for his £10 donation the club was called Kelburne CC after the name of the Lord’s estate at Fairlie.


The Kelburne CC first ground were at Blackhall until the council advised them that this site was required for building on in 1898. On the 29th April 1899 the new Whitehaugh ground played host to its first cricket match between Kelburne and West of Scotland and has been their ever since, though new facilities have been added and improved over the years.

We have one of the biggest and best appointed grounds in Scotland, and have hosted cup finals and international matches.

Our 1st eleven plays in the Cricket Scotland 1st Division West and is amongst the top 20 teams in the country.

We also run three other adult sides and also junior teams, starting from the age of 5 up to under 18 level, both boys and girls.

In addition, we take the game of cricket into local primary and secondary schools, providing “Introduction to Cricket” sessions, linking this activity with our regular coaching sessions at Whitehaugh.

The majority of sports clubs nowadays rely on sponsorship, fund raising events and the generosity of their members to balance the books, and we are no exception.

You can follow all the latest cricket news and find out more about Kelburne Hockey and Cricket clubs by visiting