Paisley Photographs of Paisley’s Sheriff Court taken on Doors Open Day 2012 by Anne Mcnair for paisley.org.uk
Entering the former County Buildings, one emerges into the palazzo and is confronted by the grand staircase. A 40 feet relief sculpture by John Rhind stands in the panelled County Hall. The bust by James Fillans and the exteriors raised portico by F. W. Pomeroy are further highlights. The building was extended and refurbished extensively in 1997.
Architect: Clarke & Bell, 1885-90. Baxter, Clark & Paul, 1997
Building Date: 1885-90
Assisted access for the disabled.
St James Street, Paisley, PA3 2HW